Carli Lloyd named 2016 FIFA Women Player of The Year


Carli Lloyd
Add caption


















Carli Lloyd 

Lloyd, who finished with 20.68% of the total votes, beat Olympic gold medalist Melanie Behringer of Germany (16.60%) and five-times winner Marta of Brazil (12.34%).
“I’m very honored to win this award again,” Lloyd said. “I play on the best team in the world and this award would not be possible without my extraordinary teammates, who are fantastic competitors. 


We push each other to be better every day. I want to thank Jill Ellis and the entire coaching staff for believing in me and helping me constantly evolve my game. Thank you to the people who voted for me and the fans for showing me such strong support throughout 2016.
“I want to also thank my husband Brian for the unconditional support he’s provided throughout this special year. I am looking forward to the start of 2017 and long term, towards qualifying for the 2019 World Cup.”
The winners were determined through a combined voting process in which half of balloting was determined by the votes of captains and head coaches from national teams all around the globe, with the other half split between an online public ballot of football fans, and votes by a select group of world media representatives.
Germany did win the women’s coaching awards as Silvia Neid earned her second Fifa prize. She also won the 2010 award.
Neid beat two previous winners: Pia Sundhage of Sweden, the Olympic silver medalist, and last year’s winner, Jill Ellis of the United States.
Lloyd first won Fifa’s top individual last year after helping the United States to victory in the Women’s World Cup, scoring a hat-trick in the final against Japan.

www.theguardian.com
Share on Google Plus

7 comments :

  1. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. https://thevangtv.com/

    ReplyDelete

  2. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info soikeo24h.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. https://dabong.net/tin-tuc.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks สูตรบาคาร่า macau888

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. สล็อตออนไลน์ ฟรีเครดิต ไม่ต้องฝาก

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. xem bóng đá trực tuyến

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. 해외스포츠중계

    ReplyDelete